Being that 2018 is right around the corner companies are now solidifying their IT budgets. Gartner Worldwide IT Spending Forecast projects IT spending will grow 4.3% in 2018. The report also provides a great snapshot of changing trends. For instance, organizations are expected to spend 7% more on enterprise software. In 2018, spending on data center systems is expected to decrease by 1.6%.
How can companies optimize IT costs without sacrificing security and technology updates? According to Gartner, transparency and collaboration are at the core of optimizing IT cost. The research firm also created the following list of 10 ideas for IT cost optimization:
1) Create a shared-service organization for some or all IT services
2) Centralize, consolidate, modernize, integrate and standardize technologies
3) Leverage cloud services
4) Increase IT financial transparency to better manage both supply and demand
5) Utilize zero-based budgeting in the right cost categories
6) Rationalize and standardize applications before cost-saving initiatives
7) Optimize software licensing management and IT asset management capabilities
8) Improve procurement and sourcing capabilities
9) Invest in Mode 2 capabilities such as agile and DevOps
10) Re-examine how end-user computing is delivered
Your organization can also increase your 2018 IT budget by selling retired and excess IT equipment. Liquid Technology helps organizations receive a return on their initial investment. To learn more about computer liquidation services click here or call (800) 797-5478.